Monday, August 26, 2013

Snake Walkers, Love Hotels and Crashed Planes

There's always something fun about taking a look through a new site you've never encountered before. I use what I jokingly refer to as the 7 percent solution when deciding whether or not something is worthy of repeat browsing or sharing the link with others and in my case, writing a post about to archive the link if only to protect myself from my own Swiss cheese memory recall mechanism.

Knowing how difficult it is to create unique content that appeals to people consistently, the way I have my mental filter set is that if I encounter at least several articles that catch my eye during my first spelunking run, I return to checkout content using my sporadic approach which is the closest thing I have to a schedule.

Today, I managed to stumble across a site that made it past my filters: Cakehead Loves Evil. With a name like that, you know you're in for some artistic goodness, er badness, oh hell, you know what I mean. It didn't take long to find something of interest either.

I have to admit, the vintage photo of the snake-walker did the job without me needing to see more. It was just so cool to see a photo in the mix that had a composition with old cars, a snake on a leash and such a short skirt. When I think 1920's 30's or 40's, the thoughts aren't about short skirts and snakes. I love that mind-jarring kind of imagery.

Seeing the dilapidated love hotel with all the decay (we're not talking moral here either) placed a weird perspective on how things can go from bustling to bust for unknown reasons. Gold colored hot tubs, abandoned sex toys and even a painting of hand-prints show the unusual nature of mankind.

Hey, and if that isn't enough, anything with photos of old World War II planes in the wild catches my attention, especially when we are shown things like a P-38 Lighting hull still hanging around up in Alaska.

And to add icing to the cake of evil, not a single Kardashian attention-mongering photo to be found either. Damn, that destroys the daily news with the constant barrage of Khloe this or Kimmy-cakes that the mainstream media outlets serve up. Oh  yes, I'll be back for more as these kind of mind shifts are exactly what I want and need.